FaceTime For PC Download
FaceTime for PC: As technology advances, we will begin to see huge changes in how our world operates. With communication taking giant leaps, it isn’t too surprising to talk to people sitting on the other end of the planet, millions of miles away. When comes to video calling, Syke and FaceTime are among the most revered apps, thanks to their user-friendly interface and fast connectivity. FaceTime is an Apple product that is exclusive to Apple devices. If you want to use the video-calling app on your Windows PC or Android phone, then follow our guide on FaceTime for PC (Windows 8.1/8/7/XP) as well as FaceTime for Android.
An Introduction: What is FaceTime?
Apple launched FaceTime back in 2010. It currently supports iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch and Mac and supports virtually all mobile network carriers. And as is a hallmark for all Apple devices, FaceTime is not compatible with non-Apple products. While the app is excellent in itself, it has a couple of drawbacks like FaceTime doesn’t allow multiple functions or group chat. None-the-less it’s an excellent video calling app that you should get your hands on.
Note that Apple devices available in United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan don’t support FaceTime because of the country’s IP-based communications restriction. Apple doesn’t have FaceTime for PC, and it’s unlikely they’ll launch a PC version. For that, we’ve got a guide on how you can use FaceTime on Windows PC.
Features of FaceTime
FaceTime is officially available on supported mobile devices that run on iOS and Macintosh computers that run Mac OS X 10.6.6 onwards. The engaging video-calling app has a number of great features that makes it popular worldwide.
- FaceTime is an user-friendly interface. It’s easy to figure out and easy to use.
- The app is free of cost and usually, comes pre-installed with Apple devices. As for the FaceTime for PC guide, we are providing, the app comes free of cost here too.
- Compared to most other videos calling apps theses days, FaceTime provides superior high-definition (HD) video calling experience.
- The app is well suited for low-data connectivity when it goes into an enhanced mode to provide the best service under dire circumstances.
- One of the highlights of faceTime. We’d say the handy ‘mute button’. Users can enable it whenever they want.
- The app allows users to share videos and images through the rear camera of your device.
- Using FaceTime is very cost-efficient because you can make calls or video calls over the internet. It saves you horrific international call charges.
Facetime for PC (Windows 8.1/8/7/XP)
There’s a solution to most problems. Since FaceTime isn’t officially available for devices other than the one manufactured by Apple, we have come up with a hack, using which you can access FaceTime on Windows. Before providing the guide, you’d need to know if you PC is compatible with the software you’ll use.
System Requirement For FaceTime for PC:
- Computer: Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 operating system
- CPU: Single Core 1 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Good Internet connection
- A webcam
- A Microphone or Headset
Steps to download Facetime for PC (Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and XP)
The guiding we are providing below will allow you to use the app free of cost. Make sure you follow it carefully because one wrong step could result in a mess and a great waste of time.
Step 1: You need to get an Android emulator that’ll mimic an Android device, tricking the app to believe that it’s working on a handset. The best emulator to in the industry is BlueStacks. We recommend you to download and install it.
Step 2: After installing, open BlueStacks.
Step 3: Now download FaceTime APK file from here. Install it.
Step 4: Once installed, open the apk file using BlueStacks. And start using FaceTime on your PC.
Another way you can use, the video calling app using BlueStacks is listed below:
Step 1: Open BlueStacks and look at the right-hand corner. You’d see a search button.
Step 2: Type “FaceTime” into it and hit enter.
Step 3: You’ll be taken to Google Play Store where you’ll have to sign in. Create a Google account if you don’t have one already.
Step 4: You should be able to see FaceTime on the screen. Select that, and the app will start installing on its own.
Step 5: After installation, you’ll notice, every time you open the app, it’ll open via BlueStacks.
FaceTime for Windows PC Without BlueStacks
For folk who can’t access BuleStack or can’t make faceTime work with the emulator, we have an alternative.
1. Go to the official Youwave website. Download and install the software.
2. Open Youwave then search for FaceTime. Like in BlueStacks, you’ll be taken to Google Play Store, where you need to sign in.
3. FaceTime should appear on your screen. Click on it, and it’ll automatically start installing.
4. Now everytime you open FaceTime it’ll open via Youwave.
Download FaceTime for Windows 10:
Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest offering, and by the company’s own admittance, it is the last one in the line of Windows 10. It’ll be interesting to see what Microsoft comes up with in future. Meanwhile, for folks who want FaceTime for Windows 10, can follow the above methods because the APK files are compatible with Windows latest version. The 3 methods listed above should 2 work fine, but if you face any problem, reach out to us from the comment section below.
FaceTime for Mac
FaceTime is available on Macintosh computers that run Mac OS X 10.6.6 onwards. FaceTime Audio is available on any Macintosh with a forward-facing camera running Mac OS X 10.9.2 and later. All Macbook come with FaceTime installed into them. But if they don’t simply head the Apply Store online and download it into your Mac.
FaceTime for Mac: System Requirement
- iPhone 4 and later models
- iPad 2 and later models
- iPad mini (all models)
- iPod touch 4th generation or later models
For all the fuss around Apple’s popular video-calling app – FaceTime, it’s not available on non-Apple devices. You can, of course use the methods listed above, or you can go for alternatives.
Besides faceTime Skype is another popular video-calling app. It’s available for free and supports Mac, Linux, Microsoft Windows, as well as Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows smartphones and tablets.
Much like another decent service that can be used for video calling and group chatting. In several Android smartphones, Hangouts is the default application for text messaging. However to access the service you need to have a Google account.
LINE was launched in 2011 and has around 170 million active user accounts. The service can is used for exchanging texts, images, video and audio, and conduct free VoIP conversations and video conferences on devices.
We are listing down some of the usually asked questions regarding how the app works, as per Apple’s official site.
How to Turn on FaceTime
- Open your FaceTime app and sign in with your Apple ID (you can also do this from Settings > FaceTime).
- If you’re using an iPhone, FaceTime automatically registers your phone number. To also register your email address on your iPhone, tap Settings > FaceTime > Use your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in.
- If you’re using an iPad or iPod touch, register your email address by tapping Settings > FaceTime > Use your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in.
How to make FaceTime Calls?
To make a FaceTime call, you need the person’s phone number or registered email address. There are a few ways to make a FaceTime call:
- In the FaceTime app, enter the person’s phone number or email address then tap the FaceTime video or audio icon.
- If you have the person’s phone number or email address saved in your Contacts, you can enter their name, then tap the video or audio icon.
- You can also begin a FaceTime video call from your iPhone during a call. Tap the FaceTime icon during the phone call to talk using FaceTime.
Earlier, this fantastic video calling system was restricted to only Apple users. We hope our guide comes handy and for anyone who wants to use FaceTime for PC and FaceTime for Android. Let us know if you face any problem with the guide.