Download iMessage for Windows
With tons of app iMessage for Windows for PC available for virtually everything in the world, why not use one of the most popular messaging services in the world. Apple’s iMessage is an instant messaging service that supports Messages application in iOS 5 and later and OS X Mountain Lion and later. Plain messaging is history, iMessaging offers a range to fun ways of connecting.
App publishers can even create and share content, make payments, add stickers, and much more, within conversations without having to switch to apps. Which is why you should use it on your Windows PC too. And here we are, telling you how to download iMessage for Windows. Some times smart phones required rooted device to download messengers, if your device or platform required than for imessage you can use kingroot app to root which is free.
iMessage App Features:
- We’ll tell you why. Like we said the messaging service is one of the best available and iMessage has a lot to boast.
- It’s absolutely free of cost. If this isn’t an advantage, then I don’t know what is. It’s much cheaper than normal messaging cost.
- Also, you no longer have to download a third-party app like Whatsapp or Viber. This alone saves a lot of time and space on your device. Not to mention, your data cost, too.
- Unlike ordinary messaging services, iMessage offers delivery reports and other information that allows effective communication.
- The app comes pre-installed in the most iOS device, so you normally don’t have to make an effort to download and install the app. As for iMessage for Windows, you’d have followed the guide we are providing below.
One catch with iMessage would be that whoever you’re messaging has to have the app installed on their device too. So it’ll be a good idea to share this guide with your friends too.
iMessage for Windows PC (8.1/8/7 & XP)
We’ve often heard our readers asking if there’s a way to use iMessage for PC with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10? The answer is a definite YES. But is it officially available from Apple? To that, we say no. Apple products are exclusive for Apple devices. They pride themselves in the fact that they would never bring out something that can be used by non-Apple users. That doesn’t mean Apple products are always limited to Apple users. For instance, AppsPolice provides guides to app for PC, and if you take a look around, you will find a couple exclusive Apple apps that our readers are presently using on their Windows PC.
Coming to the problem at hand, the guide on how to download iMessage for PC is fairly easy, compared to a lot of other guides on our site. There are only a couple of steps so no chances of getting too overwhelmed and confusing the steps. Still, it requires attention and precision when you employ the step. One wrong step, and you’ll have to start from the beginning.
- First, we need to sort out the minimum specs required to run iPadian on your Windows PC are:
- Windows XP and above
- The download file is 35 MB
- At least 512 MB RAM but 1GB is recommended for best performance
- You also need Adobe Air installed on your PC
Since Apple does not permit an open app market, access to the App Store is restricted to iOS devices, here guide of iMessage for Windows PC (8.1/8/7 & XP):
- Step 1: First off you need to download the iPadian emulator, which is the best iOS Simulator for Windows. It’s available for free and available for PCs running Windows XP or higher.
- Step 2: Install the software, extract the archive and run the ipadian.exe file. It’ll consequently launch an alternate desktop that’ll look and feel like an iPad.
- Step 4: Now, of course, you can’t download and use the app from Apple Store on your Windows desktop. But with iPadian, you can access a custom app store that has over 300 popular apps (under eight apps category), ranging from Facebook, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, etc. You’ll find iMessage for windows there. Double click on it and start running the app on your alternate desktop.
Download iMessage on MAC
Generally, you’d find the app built-in your Macbook. However, if you have to download the software, then here a guide on how to do it.
- Go to Apple App Store.
- Go over to the search box and type ‘iMesssage’. The app should appear.
- Simply double click and download and then install the software on your Mac.
- And that all folks. Like we promised earlier, iMessage for Windows and iMessage for Mac guides are among the easiest and most hassle free apps for PC guides on our site.
iMessage for Windows 10
For people using the Windows 10 OS, there are ways to download and use iMessage for Windows 10. Launched in 2015, Microsoft claims that there are over 400 million active devices using Windows 10 in the world right now. Just after Windows 10 came out, the guys at iPadian were quick to launch an update that enables Windows 10 users to use the software. So basically, what we mean is that you can use iPadian with Windows 10 and therefore the guide that we have laid out for Windows PC (8.1/8/7 & XP) is applicable for Windows 10 too. If you are wondering for PC than kik would be better because free KIK messenger is widely popular for PC.So simply scroll up to follow the exact steps to download iMessage for Windows 10.
iMessage for PC Alternatives
iMesssage undoubtedly is a great app but those you are looking for something similar, both iMessage itself, we have two great alternatives. Both of these apps can be used on your Windows desktop. Moreover, both apps are free of cost. There’s a common catch, though, your buddy or whoever you want to chat with will have to have the app on their device too. We have said it earlier, and we’d say it again. Share the guide with your friends and family so that they too can enjoy the benefits of free messaging.
Whatsapp is Facebooks’s property. They With Whatsapp you can send text messages, documents, PDF files, GIF images, videos, user location and audio messages to other users using standard cellular mobile numbers. It was acquired by Facebook Inc. on February 19, 2014, for approximately US$19.3 billion. And since then it has become somewhat of a global phenomenon. It is very convenient and user-friendly. With Whatsapp, user can message, or make audio/video calls. Using Whatsapp for PC is very easy.
Google Hangout is yet another useful service for messaging from your desktop. To use Hangout, you’d need a Google account. Create one, if you don’t have one already. Using Hangout, you can do more than just messaging, you can do voice calls and even video call. There several interactive emoticons to make your conversation more effective and fun.
Frequently Asked Questions on iMessage
Is iMessage down? What should I do?
Although it is very rare to happen, it is possible that the server of the iMessage is down and you are experiencing problems. This kind of situation occurred on 15 February 2017 when the entire system of the iMessage was down worldwide and millions of users were facing trouble. So if such thing happens, go to the Apple’s System Status page and you can check whether the company’s online services are causing any problem or not. The System Status page will provide you the most updated information about the status of iMessage. Not only that, you will get the up-to-date status of iCloud, Apple Music, Apple Play Store, and other Apple-powered services.
I am not being able to send messages through iMessage. What should I do?
In such cases, first, check whether your smartphone’s signal is sufficient or not. If your handset is only getting a GPRS signal, rather than 4G,3G or Edge signals, then you may find that iMessage is not working properly. In such cases, try to strengthen your signal by turning your aerial on and off again. Also, you can turn on the Airplane mode of your handset and then turn off after sometimes. Moreover, you can try and get into a WiFi network. To do so, go to the Settings of your iPhone, select the WiFi option and search whether any WiFi network is available or not.
I am not receiving Messages. What happened and what should I do?
If you or your friend has recently swapped from iPhone to other handsets, you will face this problem and all the messages you send will be lost in transition and will be stuck in iMessage’s server. The reason is iMessage only works in Apple products. So if you switch your handset from iPhone to other smartphones, make sure you deactivate iMessage on the old iPhone first.
How to deactivate iMessage?
To deactivate iMessage first go to the Settings of your iPhone and then click on the Messages option. Then switch off iMessage using the slider.
Settings>Messages>Switch off iMessage using the slider
To answer some of our readers’ queries, iMessage isn’t available for Android at present, but we are hoping to find out a hack soon enough. Also download TVplayer APK from our website. We hope iMessage for Windows PC was useful to you, if not then reach out to us via the comment section. We’ll update the guide if need be. Until then thanks for reading.